There are many problems in Plesk Backup system and migration system, specially when someone wants to move a site from a server to another. Sites and clients usually cannot be restored, backup files doesn’t appear in the system e.t.c.
So, how can we move a site to another server?
Backup site manually in Plesk.
- Go to var/www/vhosts/domain/httpdocs
- Tar all the httpdocs folder but remember to keep the permissions of the folders and files inside the tar. To do that, you can use the command “tar -cvpzf mydomain.tgz”
- download the tar file to your computer (you can also use wget or ssh to move the tar file from server to server)
- do the same with folder var/lib/mysql/<nameofthedatabase> (the database of your site).
- When you download this tar create a client and domain in plesk, in your new server
- Go to httpdocs folder of the new server
- extract files in the httpdocs folder using command tar -xvzpf mydomain.tgz /var/www/vhosts/domaininnewserver/httpdocs/ (keep in mind that you have to give to httpdocs folder itself the right permissions. For example if httpdocs has 755 then the tar command cannot make a folder with 777 permissions).
- Create a database in the new server with the same name that you had in your old server
- Go to var/lib/mysql/nameofthedatabase
- Upload the database tar file
- Extract files with the same command (tar -xvzpf databasefile.tgz /var/lib/psa/nameofthedatabase/)
- restart your server
- Everything should work now